Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy 2 Month Birthday!

Jack turned 2 months old on Wednesday. I can't believe it! To celebrate this momentous occasion (please sense my sarcasm here) we went for his 2 month check-up and he got his first round of vaccines (4 shots and 1 oral). Needless to say, Wednesday was a tough day for both of us! However, Jack handled the shots well and is no worse for the wear. I'm just glad that's over with for the next couple of months until we have to go back for another round of vaccines. I was shocked when the doctor told us that he is in the 95th percentile for all of his measurements! I think we're going to have a big boy on our hands!

Here are some stats from his check-up:
Weight: 12lbs. 4.5oz.
Height: 22 3/4 inches long
Head Circumference: 16 1/2 inches around

I haven't posted in about a month and it's hard to remember all that has happened! The biggest thing right now is that Jack is smiling CONSTANTLY at us! I love it! My favorite thing to do is to lean over his crib when he is waking up from a nap and see him smile at me with that big toothless grin...there's just nothing better. If you are a parent, I know that you must know exactly what I am talking about! That smile will just melt your heart.

We have been getting out and doing something (even if it's just for a couple of hours) almost every day. This has been great because I was getting some major "cabin fever" being stuck in this house all of the time! Jack loves to be pushed around in the stroller, so, sometimes we'll just go and window shop just to get some fresh air and to get out of the house.

Over Memorial Day weekend, Mom, John C., Grandmother, Granddaddy and Memaw all came to visit for the day. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack for lunch and then came back to the house so that they could visit with Jack. This was the first time that the grandparents had met Jack. They have a hard time traveling sometimes. They just loved him! He was a bit fussy, but, that's the way that it always goes when we have visitors. He is an angel and then gets fussy when people come to visit. Right now he's going through an "I want my Mommy" phase. He just wants me to hold him all of the time...it's very sweet, but, my arms are getting tired! I wouldn't be able to survive without our Baby Bjorn baby carrier (Thank you Kristi!).
Dad and Donna came to visit for the day a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad that they were able to come and visit with Jack and see where we live, etc. It was so much fun getting to visit with them...sorry that y'all had to fight all of that terrible traffic!

On another note, Jack has a new cousin! Andrew Carl Whittenburg! He was born Wednesday, June 9th. Margaret (John's sister) and Russell didn't find out what they were having, so, we were very excited to find out that he was a boy. I think the he and Jack will become fast friends!

However, little Andrew had some breathing and intestinal issues when he was born and is still in NICU. The doctors seem to think that the issues that he is having are just developmental (from being born 3.5 weeks early) and that everything will be fine in the long run. Let's just hope that it stays that way. Please keep the Whittenburg family in your thoughts and prayers. I know that they are very anxious to get that little boy home!

Here are some pictures of Jack from the past couple of weeks. Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=183299&id=551288370&l=c71babadd9


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Barb...love the blog! Can't wait to read more about Jack. Will was big like Jack at 2 mo (13 lbs and 24 in long). We go for 4 months next week. I am thinking Will weighs at least 17 lbs. YIKES! That boy loves to eat. Can't wait to see you guys. Love you and John and Jack!

    ReplyDelete